Sunday, December 20, 2015

Alamo Drafthouse Best for Star Wars the Force Awakens

The new Star Wars has been out 2 days so of course I have seen it twice.  I went first to the AMC in Mesquite, Texas, to see it in 3D.  The seats were skinny.  I had to squeeze into my seat.  The food preparation was pretty slow.  I would not recommend the AMC chain in general, especially after they banned masks and face paint.

Next, I went to the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema in Richardson.  I loved watching the film here.  My family showed up in costume (I was Darth Vader) and we enjoyed people taking photos of us in costume.  There were R2-D2 robots that moved around an beeped.  Other people were in costume.  As soon as the theater was open for seating they started humorous film clips from Star Wars fans that were awesome.  When our feature was over the serious Star Wars fans in full costume were in the lobby.  I had a Darth Vader mask and a printed chest plate.  There was a full-up Vader in the lobby with a full helmet, real chest plate with lights, and a first rate light saber.  There was a full-up Imperial Storm Trooper.

Alamo Drafthouse is the place to be to watch Star Wars!

Robert

No comments:

Post a Comment